Untested (by me) poke remedy to poison ivy: http://duplin.lostsoulsgenealogy.com/cookingcorner/pokeweedcure.htm
Wild things we are eating this week:
- Gathering lots of leaves for teas: sasafrass, mint, bee balm, blackberry leaves
What we are preserving this week:
A word on managing canned goods: Audit your stock and organize it.
Fermenting Garden Excess
What you need
- Vessel: Jar, crock, anything really just no metal or plastic
- Wood spoon or other tool to help you push it down
- A way to weigh the veggies below the liquid (NWEdibleLife)
- Cool dark place
- White scum
- Black scum
- Off smells - fermentation smell or baby poo?
Song of the Episode: Suicide by Sauce