What we are eating this week
- Coleslaw recipe & freshness strategy
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise, 2 TBSP vinegar, 1/3 cup milk, 1 TBSP honey, 1 tsp freshly ground pepper, 1 tsp salt. Shake like mad! Pour over your cut up cabbage, carrots and onions.
- Chard, radishes, spinach, lettuces, canned corn (must. finish. last. year's. corn.), strawberries, sweet potatoes
- Poke weed w/ video on how to prepare it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3EnGpPUWhs
- Sassafras root - video on how to harvest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1scAAetl7EE
What we are preserving this week - and how
- Bee balm
- Blackberry leaves
Time to test your pressure canner gauge - a not from the entension office --https://extension.tennessee.edu/WebPacket/Pages/NYCU-2016-05-Canning.aspx
How the Holler Homestead started
An interview with Michelle Shelley of Full Circle Heritage Farms
From Michelle: "You might want to change the title to "woman running a farm into the ground, into a wall, through a gate (farm truck with no brakes), or just a woman breaking stuff- that's what I'm really running!
The mineral feeder she made:
The manure spreader:
- The ducks got a pool!
- Tomatoes looking great and a shout out to Nick Ferguson of Homegrown Liberty
- The importance of relationships: Truck in the shop
Outro: Grandpa's Song, by Sauce